Tuesday 20 May 2014

Thinking of Getting Your Bellybutton Pierced? Read This.

HEEEEY PEEPS WHAZZUP.

Say something I'm giving up on you.

We're sorry that we couldn't get to you (nonexistent readers)

Okay. Anyways. Onto the actual subject of this post: BELLYBUTTON PIERCINGS!!!!!!!! 

OUCH! But totally worth it!

(oh now AJ has to leave to catch the bus so I guess YOU'RE STUCK WITH ME JETTA AHAHAHAHAH SUCKS TO BE YOU)

First, the #1 thing EVERY girl wants to know about getting your bellybutton pierced: 
DOES IT HURT????????????

If you're anything like me (scared sh*tless) you've already done a ton of research and heard a lot of people say it feels like a pinch, that the clamps hurt the most, or that it hurt like a &^%$#@*$&*$%. 

Here's the truth: how much it hurts completely depends on so many things you can't make a broad statement like: Oh it doesn't hurt at all or it hurts so much. Your personal pain tolerance, how much fat you have or don't have in the bellybutton area, who is piercing, even how relaxed or tense you are can all affect how much you'll feel it hurt. 

My personal experience was that it didn't hurt at all. It wasn't even uncomfortable. I barely felt a thing--clamps were fine and needle was fine. And this is coming from someone with a phobia of needles who passed out the last time she got one. So if it makes you feel better, I thought I was going to crap myself or punch the lights out of my piercer once he brought out the needle, and I felt no pain. I don't really know what my personal pain tolerance is because I've never really felt anything that painful, so maybe that means it's high? I don't really know. Also, after mine was done, the guy said the needle 'slid through like butter', so gross but maybe that affected it. 

AJ, on the other hand, was a different story. I felt so bad because I went first and I was telling her how it didn't hurt at all and she'd barely feel a thing and then, to quote AJ, it: "HURT LIKE A BITCH!" so there you go. Afterwards as well she was in a lot of pain I could tell (though she still insisted on shopping, atta girl AJ got your priorities straight). 

Second thing most people want to know: What exactly happens?

So, first they'll make you sign a bunch of forms and boring stuff like paying (ours were $65 with the jewellery, plus $20 for my aftercare), then you go into the actual piercing room. You'll stand up and they'll clean in your bellybutton, which was the most uncomfortable part for me to be honest. Then they'll mark a dot where they're going to pierce you. After that, you lay back on the chair, and they'll take a pair of clamps and clamp the skin above your bellybutton. They have a needle, stick that through the clamps and then follow it with your jewellery of choice. BOOM! Done. Not too complex.

Third thing you should know: Aftercare

You are supposed to clean it twice a day--I got three different methods to clean it: hot water with sea salt, an unscented soap to use in the shower and medicated q-tips. It's kind of a pain, but DO IT because you don't want it to become infected that is gross. Trust me. 

Other things you can't do: swim for at least a month, or bathe (this is sucky I love my baths). You won't want to sleep on your stomach or wear any tight pants/shirts for the first week or so. It will be tender but for me it wasn't even too bad. Don't snag it on anything that really does hurt. 

I think that about covers everything, if you have any more questions feel free to comment:)

Stay classy,

Jetta

P.S. Here's a pic of mine if you wanted to see my stomach again which you probably didn't but here it is anyways.




No comments:

Post a Comment